USM and Citizens International are co-organising an international conference on “Decolonising Our Universities”, in cooperation with Higher Education Leadership Academy [Akademi Kepimpinan Pengajian Tinggi (AKEPT)]. The conference will be held from 27th to 29th June 2011 at Paradise Sandy Beach Resort, Penang.
This is a lifetime opportunity to meet with scholars from across the world to share the results of their research outside the framework of Eurocentrism, and to encounter new models of knowledge generation that will stimulate and use local creativity. It has the potentiality to dissuade universities in the Global South from present conventions of copying models and ideas solely from Western sources.
Grab this golden opportunity to participate in this conference as a rapporteur, if you are,
– USM postgraduate student
– Strong command of English (listening & writing)
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to write summary report of conference presentations
– Exposure on current issues of higher education and global affairs
– Networking and meeting with distinguished international thinkers
– Certificate of appreciation
** Accommodation and conference package are provided.
Kindly send your contact detail and resume to Mr. Raja Farid via firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th June 2011, or contact him via 014 2977336 for details. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview.
Please refer to the attached poster for your kind information.